- Memory usage improvements.
- The Crash Police put some crashes in jail. Chickens were involved, for sure.
- Anessix VO improvements. You'll be hearing a bit less about the Court of Ristul now, too, from both of them.
- Fixed some sounds like Io's Tether and Crystal Maiden's Frostbite not persisting while the ability lasted.
- Improved dragging on mobile.
- Dead players will no longer have Underlord talents selected for them. Stay dead!
- The bots once again had their shiny metal heads unscrewed and more Smartness inserted.
- UI improvements for where the smaller item icons are displayed.
- Party UI improvements.
- Healthbars now only show stars for 2 and 3-star units.
- Spiderlings now die as soon as they take any damage whatsoever. Previously, HP-based damage would take many seconds to kill them.
- Spiderlings no longer have Alliance buffs applied to them, with the exception of Troll since it affects attack speed.
- Fixed an issue where Assassins would not jump if they had a castable item equipped.
- Round Damage is back, at 1 per every 10 rounds of the game, e.g. 1 per round at 10-19, 2 at 20-29, etc.
While the jail concept succeeded at keeping the game fresher day after day, our initial implementation made it so certain alliances were overly punished (Scrappies/Inventors) while some others (Assassins) where virtually unaffected most of the time.
In order to address some of these problems we are changing the jail algorithm a little bit:
- Every day 8 to 12 heroes are jailed.
- Up to 3 heroes from a single alliance can be banned. This means that some days certain alliances won’t be fully completable (this will be displayed in the ingame alliance UI)
- One Ace will be jailed every day.
- Heroes from Tiers 1-4 can no longer have more than 1 unit banned over other tiers, for example if there’s 10 jailed heroes, the Jail might might look like this:
- Tier 1: Two bans
- Tier 2: Three bans
- Tier 3: Two bans
- Tier 4: Two bans
- Tier 5: One ban (as always).
Additionally, some units have changed alliances, which will make the impact more even across different alliances. We look forward to hearing what you think.
- Rank is no longer tied to Player Level. All Underlords in the game grow steadily in power throughout the game on the same schedule. At their maximum power, they are equivalent to the old version's Rank 8.
- Underlords no longer require Hype to cast abilities. Abilities start on cooldown and will be cast every time their cooldowns are ready.
- Hype now increases your Underlord's damage (up to +50% max Total Damage at full Hype) and how fast their cooldowns tick (up to 40% faster at full Hype).
- Ultimate abilities can now only be cast once.
We thought it was time to try a different approach to Underlords. One thing we agreed strongly on was that they were overshadowing our Hero units, with the Underlords' actions (or lack thereof) changing the direction of combat too wildly.
We also didn't like how hard it skewed leveling vs rolling: spending gold on XP was the clear choice most of the time. With better units in the shop, space for an extra unit on the board, and greater Underlord power, Team Rolling never had a chance.
Thank you for letting us experiment on you with all these changes!Anessix:
- Passive Ability:
- Passive Hype generation changed from 1.8 to 1.5
- Hype per Demon changed from 0.72 to 1.0
- Martyr's Boon:
- Cooldown changed from 15 to 12.5
- Heal per level changed from 10 to 11
- No longer targets Spiderlings.
- Pure Pain:
- Damage per level changed from 10 to 15
- Now targets the highest-health enemy.
- Cooldown changed from 20 to 22
- Summon Demonic Golem:
- Cooldown changed from 15 to 22
- Chaotic Hunter:
- Extra Shots changed from 1 to 2
- Phantom Pain:
- Armor per level changed from 2 to 1
- Attack Damage Minimum changed from [100, 200] to [125, 250]
- Attack Damage Maximum changed from [120, 240] to [145, 290]
- Maximum Health changed from [2000, 4000] to [3000, 5000]
- Movement Speed changed from 270 to 260
- Passive Ability:
- Passive Hype generation changed from 1.65 to 1.5
- Hype per unit on fire changed from 1.2 to 1.0
- Base damage per level changed from 125 to 150
- Cooldown changed from 15 to 12
- Attack Speed per level changed from 15 to 13
- Cooldown changed from 5 to 8
- Let's Go Crazy:
- Cooldown changed from 60 to 22
- Friendly Fire:
- Cooldown changed from 15 to 22
- Round will not end while bombs are exploding, in the same way as the round will not end while Gyrocopter's Call Down airstrike is in progress.
- Now burns the cells adjacent to the target cell.
- Duration changed from 5 to 3
- Damage per second changed from 10 to 20
- Fixed an issue where the effects would end when Hobgen died.
- Drain Bomb:
- No longer drains Hype.
- Drain amount changed from 50 to 100
- Molten Armor:
- Only ignites adjacent attackers.
- Doesn't work against magic-immune or invulnerable enemies.
- Keep It Secret:
- Now reads: "Whenever an enemy is set on fire, they are silenced for 1.5 seconds. This effect can happen again every time the fire expires."
- No longer silences magic-immune units.
- Mana Break:
- Hype burned changed from [2, 4, 6] to [4, 6, 12]
- Effect duration changed from [4, 5, 6] to [2, 3, 4]
- Bonus attack speed to Faceless Void when inside the cube changed from 50 to 75
Keeper of the Light:
- Units keep their existing cooldowns when brought back.
- Channel time changed from 3 to 4
- Damage per second channeling changed from [150, 200, 250] to [100, 150, 200]
- Therefore total damage when fully channeled changed from [450, 600, 750] to [400, 600, 800]
- Changed from Assassin to Mage
- Maximum Mana changed from 75 to 100
- Tier changed from 2 to 3
- Damage changed from [150, 250, 350] to [200, 350, 450]
- Mana Cost changed from 75 to 100
- Changed from Hunter to Elusive
- Attack Damage Minimum changed from [45, 90, 207] to [60, 120, 260]
- Attack Damage Maximum changed from [55, 110, 253] to [70, 140, 300]
- Weaver will not Shukuchi while evading, unless about to receive magic damage.
ITEM CHANGESHelm of the Undying:
- Fixed an issue where Break would lead to an Undying unit doing end-of-round damage.
- If a unit with the Helm survives the fight, it won't be killed at the end of the round.