July 12th, 2019
Proto Pass the Popcorn
The Proto Battle Pass is now available and ready for testing. All current and future beta testers get access to this pass for free.
Visit the Proto Pass page
to learn more.
- Scoreboard UI improved.
- Post game now shows items and alliances.
- Post game now includes scoreboard overview.
- General UI improvements and bug fixes for different aspect ratios and devices.
- Expanding on last week's change: Combat continues until all projectiles have completed their travel, up to a max of 5 seconds.
- Fixed Neutrals not displaying stats correctly in the unit stats panel in combat.
- Fixed heroes stunned with short duration spells (like Clockwerk's Battery Assault) resetting their attack timers and thus attacking faster than allowed.
- Increased accuracy of the matchmaking system at high skill levels.
- Apply alliance effects to summons.
- Make alliance indicators properly dynamic in the UI (Fall From Grace now shows properly on humans, etc.).
- Warlock alliance no longer triggers on item activate, just spell activate.
- Fixed Venomancer wards having -50% magic resist instead of 50% magic resist.
- Fixed Disruptor, Alchemist spells not continuing their effects after their death.
- Gyrocopter no longer targets units in the air when casting Call Down.
- Split Shot:
- Changed extra shots from 3 to 2.
- Will ignore nearby targets that happen to be outside Medusa's attack range.
- Berserker's Call:
- Since you can't cast spells while taunted, and since we are using the Silence effect, getting taunted now officially silences.
- Fixed Big-Time Contract sometimes not applying.
- Aegis has changed: it now only activates on damage that would otherwise be fatal. It no longer preserves streaks.
- Fixed Divine Rapier being removed at the start of combat. Losing a Divine Rapier now no longer removes a potential item slot.
- Tooth and Claw now has proper duration.
- Fix Silver Lining crash.
- Fix missing name for Eidolons.
- Fix Wicked Intent amplifying regen instead of dampening it.
- Fix crazy numbers on healing display when Wicked Intent is in play.
- Units blinking using Blink Dagger will clear their active target and reacquire once the blink is done. Fixes units chasing their original enemy.
- Coordinated Assault auras don't stack. NOTE: More than one copy will still increase the bonus.
- Fall From Grace: item description changed to make clearer that the item turns Human into Heartless, it does not add Heartless as an additional alliance.
- Hide from your big boss: Steam invisible mode is now supported.
- More performance improvements on both iOS and Android platforms.
July 4th, 2019
- Fixed crash when loading into a match.
- Fixed Druid Alliance not upgrading Druids correctly.
- Fixed Win/Loss record updating at the wrong time.
- Fixed an item regression - effects will once again stack correctly for Completing the Cycle, Summoning Stone, Shaman Pluck, Unstable Reactor, Check the Bodies, and Strange Bedfellows.
July 4th, 2019
Hot Dogs, Updates, and Fireworks
- Added Scoreboard. Defaults to TAB on the PC.
- Added Leaderboards. Welcome, Lords of White Spire.
- Further lighting tweaks to the board to brighten it up.
- Update Notes can now be found from inside the game.
- Season Info: Heroes’ Ability info now shows damage type
- New Kill Streak FX.
- Unit VO is now spatialized (Audio will closely match where the unit is located).
- Enabled additional sounds in unit combat.
- Yo, Reddit: Versus, Round Over and Round Start screens will close on any non-UI click or ESC keypress.
- Yo, Reddit: Versus, Round Over and Round Start screens won't appear if the user is dragging units or items.
- Many UI improvements have been done.
- Added description of how the Hero Pool works to the Season Info UI.
- Hero stat changes from basic items is now shown during combat as well during preparing.
- Fixed Terrorblade Rank 2 and Rank 3 not updating his model after casting Metamorphosis.
- Added Battery Status.
- Fixed play/pause buttons disappearing.
- Added Tap to Move option: For those who like to tap to place instead of dragging on the board.
- Added Battery Saver mode.
- Can now query a hero's ability from the shop.
- More performance improvements.
- Fixed Demon Hunters not doing their jobs and leaving enemy demons with their buff on.
- Fixed Techies planting their bomb in the wrong location.
- Fixed all known AI Pathing issues.
- Level 9: Tier 2 odds 30% -> 25%, Tier 3 odds 25% -> 30%
- Level 11: Tier 1 odds 10% -> 13%, Tier 2 odds 15% -> 20%, Tier 3 odds 30% -> 25%, Tier 5 odds 15% -> 12%
- Round will continue for another second once the last unit dies, giving the other team a chance for a last minute kill to force a draw.
- Lose streak gold:
- 3-4 losses – 1 gold
- 5-6 losses – 2 gold
- 7+ losses – 3 gold
- 3-4 losses – 1 gold
- 5+ losses – 2 gold
- Win streaks gold:
- 3-4 wins – 1 gold
- 5-6 wins – 2 gold
- 7+ wins – 3 gold
- 3-4 wins – 1 gold
- 5-6 wins – 2 gold
- 7 wins – 3 gold
- 8 wins – 4 gold
- Win streaks reset at 8 wins.
- Added Force Staff: Tier 3 Support Item - Push an enemy unit 6 cells in a random direction. (10s cooldown)
- Added Scythe of Vyse: Tier 4 Support Item - When the equipped hero takes damage, transform the offending unit into a pig for 4s. (15s cooldown)
- Added Big-Time Contract: Tier 2 Support Item - Equipped unit is Blood-bound in addition to its other types.
- Silver Lining: Now reads "Get 1 charge when you win a fight. When you lose a fight, if charges remain, get 1 gold and lose 1 charge."
- Shaman Pluck: Chance increased from 5% to 17%.
- Blink Dagger:
- Now generates 50 mana when activated.
- Cooldown reduced from 60s to 15s.
- Tooth and Claw: Fixed not stacking correctly.
- Coordinated Assault: It should be truly coordinated since it actually works now.
- Split Shot:
- Now applies item effects on secondary shots.
- Summon Wolves:
- Fixed not applying health buff correctly.
- Health increased from [500, 1000, 2000] to [550, 1100, 2200]
- Summon Plague Ward:
- Summon Count increased from 1 Ward to [1, 2, 4] Wards.
- Ward is always Rank 1.
- Cast Point reduced from 0.5s to 0.13s.
- Cooldown increased from 5 to [5, 6, 7].
- Wards have 50% magic resistance.
- Alliances changed from Brawny Shaman to Brawny Shaman Warlock.
- Static Storm:
- Also blinds the targets inside the cloud for a 25% miss chance.
- Mr. Warlock:
- Shadow Word:
- Cast Point reduced from 0.5s to 0.4s.
- Cooldown reduced from 20s to 6s.
- Damage from [ 100, 150, 200 ] to [ 50, 100, 150 ].
- Heal from [ 75, 150, 200 ] to [ 50, 125, 175 ].
- Duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Now reads: Whenever a Warlock casts a spell, they form a link with the Ally who has the lowest health for 3 seconds. When either linked hero deals damage, both units are healed [50, 100, 150]% of the damage dealt.
- Now requires 3 Shamans (up from 2).
- Now reads: Enemies affected by Hexes, Silences or Stuns will generate -200% mana when attacked.
June 27th, 2019
I Hear Voices
- Large performance improvements have been done on all platforms.
- Improved network connectivity and ping time for iOS and Android users outside the US.
- The following units got their voices back:
- Drow Ranger
- Shadow Fiend
- Phantom Assassin
- Queen of Pain
- Templar Assassin
- Added tooltip to the player's level that shows their XP progress and odds of rolling each tier of hero in the shop. On mobile this is accessible from within the shop.
- Added mobile icons to party members.
- Default Camera distance adjusted to 825.
- Fixed Key Bindings changes not being saved.
- Added Ability mana cost to season Info panel.
- Fixed Victory screen not being displayed if you won the game which begs the question: Did you really win?
- Global Sounds removed with the feature going back in the lab.
- Improved the quality of the dragging effects when manipulating units.
- Fixed being able to click on an item you did not earn if you lost a Loot Round.
- Fixed Sword and Shield icons on the leaderboard not displaying if you were attacking and defending against the same player.
- Fixed Enigma's ambient FX to work for both bench and on the ground.
- Enigma's Midnight Pulse updated to be square shaped.
- Added ability icons to the mobile shop for all abilities.
- Fixed cooldown multiplier display when inspecting a unit.
- Many improvements have been done to the Unit Query UI.
- Fixed not being able to view the inventory of a dead player.
- Fixed ability tooltip not showing lore.
- Clicking outside the shop now closes it.
- Hovering global items that affect specific types of units will highlight those units.
- Alliance Highlight Mode: Highlight bench units differently if putting them on the board would not advance the Alliance.
- Fixed in-game Season Info hero page starting empty by default when the user has no units yet.
- Added info button to units in the PC shop to get more information about that hero.
- Roshan is back from vacation. He didn't bring anything for anyone.
- Medusa: Split Shot extra shot damage reduction changed: [-40, -30, -20 ] -> -40.
- Kunkka: Ghostship crash cell size changed: [2, 3, 4] -> [2, 2, 3].
- Skull Basher: Fixed only going off once per battle.
- Black King Bar: Purges the user on activation.
- Juggernaut: Blade Fury purges on activation.
- Slardar: Corrosive Haze is now purgeable.
- Knights Alliance: Default damage reduction changed: [ -15, -25, -35 ] -> [ -15, -20, -30 ].
- Knights Alliance: Adjacent to other knights damage reduction changed: [ -20, -25, -30 ] -> [ -15, -20, -25 ].
- Human Alliance Silence: Is now purgeable.
- Blight Stone: Fixed stacking on every hit. It will stack if different units are attacking with it.
June 26th, 2019
Have a Good Knight
- Based on community feedback, we've adjusted opponent selection weight to be even more biased against folks you've played recently.
- Adjusted AI pathfinding: Units will only try to jump into a beneficial aura's range if it's only 1 cell away (down from 2).
- Fixed bug that prevented Assassins from jumping.
- Unstoppable (Warrior Alliance Item): Fixed some cases that caused this item to not work reliably.
- Silver Lining: Fixed it granting 2 gold instead of 1.
- Abaddon: Base Attack Time changed: 1.3 -> 1.5
- Omniknight: Damage changed: [50-60, 100-120, 200-240] -> [40-50, 80-100, 160-200]
- Dragon Knight: Elder Dragon Form bonus damage changed: [100, 150, 200] -> [50, 100, 150]
- Dragon Knight: Elder Dragon Form is now marked as passive and cannot be silenced.
- Dragon Knight: Now properly aims at the targets in front.
- Dragon Knight: Fixed bug that caused Elder Form to take 0.5 seconds to start.
- Tusk: Fixed Walrus Punch sometimes sending people into space.
June 25th, 2019
- Adjustment to the game board: Lighting and Shadow intensity tweaks.
- Sounds from combat occurring on other player's boards can now be heard from yours.
- New opponent selection logic: This addresses the community feedback of fighting the same opponents over and over.
- PC/Mobile: Many performance optimizations.
- Mobile: Fixed storage space calculation when downloading content.
- Fixed unit stats not reflecting all items and equipment when querying before combat started.
- Fixed friendly AI not casting spells after Pudge hooked an enemy.
- Troll Global Item (Coordinated Assault): Now stacks.
- AI will now cast spells on the ground under a target instead of on the target's location. Fixes floating Spells if the target happened to be flying through the air.
- Dragon Alliance: Now requires 2 units.
- Dragon Alliance: Now Unlocks an additional ability for each member of the Alliance.
- Dragon Knight: Breathe Fire is now his base ability.
- Dragon Knight: Dragon Alliance now unlocks Dragon Form.
- Dragon Knight: Hit Points increased to 1000/2000/4000.
- Dragon Knight: Gained +10 Health Regeneration.
- Puck: Dragon Alliance now unlocks Phase Shift.
- Viper: Dragon Alliance now unlocks Corrosive Skin.
- Pocket Sand: Now also slows mana gained on receiving damage by 50%.
- Pocket Sand: Will debuff a random enemy unit within 2 cells if no units are within 1 cell of the assassin landing.
- Keeper of the Light: Illuminate now costs 150 mana.
- Keeper of the Light: Health decreased to 550/1100/2200.
- Desperate Measure: Now also increases mana gained on receving/dealing damage by the same amount as attack damage.
- Wicked Intent: Now also blocks HP regen.
- Scrappy Alliance: Now provides 8 armor and 9 health regeneration. It provides double that amount if your starting army is smaller in size than your opponent's.
- Knight Alliance: Now gives a constant 15/25/35% damage reduction and an additional 20/25/30% when next to another knight.
- Chaos Knight: Damage Increased from [40-110, 80-220, 160-440] to [55-135, 110-240, 200-480].
- Boots of Speed: Now Tranquil Boots. Passive +16 health regen and 100% bonus move speed.
- New Item - Pipe of Insight: +50% Magic Resistance. Once the first enemy has 100% mana, apply a shield that blocks 400 magic damage to allies up to 1 cell away. (once per battle)
- Mobile: Fixed 'Australia' mode - Some Android devices rendered the game upside down, and that has been fixed.
June 21st, 2019
- PC: Flash your window when you're alt tabbed and a new round starts or items selection shows up.
- PC: Hotkeys can now be remapped.
- Mobile: Fixed manipulating UI sliders not being the best.
- Mobile: Fix missing keyboard on iOS after Steam login with incorrect user / password.
- Soul Sucking Syphon will now only attract Warlocks and Mages. The item still works for other unit types, but only those two will try to get close to benefit.
- Fixed bug that would make it appear to be able to sell other player's units.
- When manipulating the camera distance or angle, the settings panel will dim so you can tweak the view.
- Fixed DPS meter scaling being incorrect on non-1080p resolutions; make it smaller for PC.
- Resolved an issue where some accounts would have their rank incorrectly move backwards.
June 20th, 2019
Open Beta Release Day Update
- Improvements to Android performance.
- Fixed combined hero and item acquire notifications not rendering.
- Added Rank to the Dashboard.
- Adjusted Teleport FX.
- Added language selector to settings.
- More work has been done on the Season Info UI.
- We have solved the quit button disappearance. Someone took it to the dry cleaners and forgot to put it back up.
- Fixed several crash bugs.
June 19th, 2019
Mid-Week Update II: We are the Updatelords
- Enabled Ranked Play: We are enabling this today for a final round of testing. Once Open Beta starts all ranks will be reset.
- Bot games: Fixed manual advance mode during non-Loot rounds.
- Unit outlines can now be turned back on via settings.
- Fixed end game screen not displaying total damage dealt.
- Fixed Round 1 not playing correctly on the client after you've played a bot match.
- Fixed Windranger and Keeper of the Light interrupting their abilities if their target died.
- Fixed Venomancer's Ward growing legs and walking towards a friendly aura.
- Slightly smaller item icons during prepare phase on PC, with rank above item icons in case they overlap.
- Fixed selecting units from the bench not working reliably if you changed the default camera angle.
- Healthbars are now consistently sized across all resolutions.
- Notifications for Winning Streaks now have FX.
- Fixed AI pathfinding issues when traveling towards a friendly aura.
June 19th, 2019
- Enabled Tutorial.
- More improvements to PC UI and styling.
- Tweaked default camera positions and angles. Also added sliders to the Game Settings UI to tweak these two further.
- Tweaked the time bodies stay on the board before sinking.
- More work on DPS meter design.
- Victorious units now celebrate for longer before returning to their starting positions.
- More music has been added to the game.
- Play at your own pace will pause the clock when selecting items after a Loot Round.
- Fixed Font of Creation Eidolon's doing damage to the player on a loss.
- Unit AI now knows about formations: If other units provide benefits for standing in range, the AI will attempt to move to those cells and attack from there.
- Knights will now try to stay in formation with other Knights.
- Units will now try to stay in formation with Trolls if the player has Coordinated Assault.
- Units will now try to stay in formation with Warlocks if the player has Soul Sucking Syphon.
- Added a friend code system to the Friend panel.
- Added colourblind mode for Healthbars.
- Adjusted shop reroll mechanic to mitigate duplicates.
- When finding an enemy, ranged units give higher priority to units closer to them.